School of Arts, Design, and Media Arts, 505-428-1731
This program of study focuses on providing foundational technical skills in architectural and interior design software. Students gain primary knowledge of technical and visualization for the planning, creation, and management of technical documents. Students use design-oriented critical thinking skills to solve basic technical documentation issues that arise in a professional firm setting. This program uses classroom learning, integrated class projects, and employment situations to achieve knowledge and job skills.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Create design drawings and technical drawings.
- Create and modify building components and site components.
- Create and manage drawing content.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (12 HRS.)
- ARCH 117 Technical Documentation with AutoCAD I (3)
- ARCH 135 Technical Documentation with AutoCAD II (3)
- [and] ARCH 126 Building Information Modeling with ArchiCAD I (3)
- ARCH 132 Building Information Modeling with ArchiCAD II (3)
- [or] ARCH 120 Building Information Modeling with Revit I (3)
- ARCH 130 Building Information Modeling with Revit II (3)
TOTAL 12 CREDITS