Welcome to the Tutoring Center information page. Our goal is to help you learn how to learn and enhance your academic success. In the Tutoring Center, we strive to create a friendly, safe and supportive environment to help you be successful in your SFCC classes. Our mission is to foster independent learning, develop confidence and self-reliance that carries into your professional and personal lives.
Hours of Operation
Fall and Spring Semesters
Monday- Thursday: 9am-6pm
Friday: 10am-2pm (in room 2011 in the Fitness Center)
We are located in Room 502.
How it works; our services are delivered mainly in two modes, either drop-in or by
appointment. Drop-in tutoring is mainly used for math. Appointment- based tutoring is
for our more limited subject support such as English / writing, Office Technologies,
Accounting and our science support Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Geology.
Tutoring Contributes to Student Success
What students say about tutoring
- Tutoring helps keep me positive.
- It keeps grades up!
- My tutor taught me how to break things down and keep it simple.
- She made English understandable and sometimes fun.
- He made me feel like math is easy!
- She showed me how to go through each step to solve the problem.
- My tutor helped me to help myself.
- I was getting clouded and his perspective was just what I needed to clear it up.
- My tutor helped me think out loud about what I wanted to say in my paper.
- My tutor rocks!