All returns, refunds and exchanges MUST be accompanied by the ORIGINAL RECEIPT and in the ORIGINAL CONDITION. ALL refunds are refunded to the original payment method.
ABSOLUTELY NO CASH REFUNDS ARE GIVEN ON FRIDAY.
Textbooks & Course Materials may be refunded, with ORIGINAL RECEIPT and in ORIGINAL CONDITION, within the first week of class. Textbooks, for full semester courses, dropped in the second or third week of classes may be eligible for refund; with Banner class drop verification.
- Textbooks for short-term courses may be refunded until the day after the first class meets.
- Books may not be written on and must be in Excellent and New condition. Do not write, mark or bend corners of books, or open software, access codes or DVD/CD’s until you are sure that they are being used and that you will keep it.
- Books may not be written on and must be in Excellent and “New” condition. Do not write, mark or bend corners of books, Custom course packages, shrink wrapped sets with non-refundable stickers, and access codes are non-refundable if opened. Shrink-wrapped books eligible for refund will be charged a $1.00 fee when returned if the plastic has been opened or removed.
- DVD’s, CDs, and books with computer software or access codes that are opened are not eligible for a refund or exchange.
Refunds on books purchased with a check will not be refunded until the check clears the bank (7 working days.) All shipping fees are non-refundable. A return shipping label will be provided by the bookstore if the reason for return is from bookstore error. Otherwise, shipping charges for returns are the responsibility of the customer. All online sales that are returned must be post marked by the required deadlines.
Textbook Buyback Policy
SFCC STUDENT PHOTO ID REQUIRED.
- The SFCC Bookstore may purchase selected textbooks during final exam week of each term.
- The bookstore may purchase textbooks in good condition that meet the criteria established by the college.
- Textbooks may be purchased at 50% of the current retail price if: the title has been ordered by the instructors for the following semester, the title is a current edition and the bookstore is not overstocked with the title.
Textbooks that do not meet the above criteria may be purchased by the bookstore for a used book wholesale at prices determined by the wholesaler.
The bookstore will not purchase: textbooks in poor condition, workbooks, study guides, lab manuals, handouts, reference books, DVD’s, CDs, or books with software, or access codes.