Who We Are
The Team serves as a central network focused on caring prevention and early intervention for students experiencing serious distress or engaging in harmful or disruptive behaviors. The BIT will assess and assist students who exhibit behaviors of concern and intervene appropriately.
What We Do
- Receive information about students of concern and discuss concerning behaviors.
- Determine an appropriate, individualized intervention plan for each student.
- Intervene and connect students with needed resources.
- Coordinate follow-up and monitoring of student status; ensure that services and resources are deployed effectively.
- Provide consultation, support, and timely response to faculty and staff.
- Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality and handle matters with professional discretion.
To provide a multi-disciplinary team approach to support the safety and well-being of the campus community.
Statement of Purpose
The focus of the BIT is care and concern for students, faculty members or staff members who may be in distress. Team members coordinate resources and implement a coordinated response with the goal of providing assistance to the individual(s) while mitigating risk in an effort to keep the SFCC community healthy and safe.
Bobbie Mascarenas, Student Affairs Officer, Chair
Chris Gettler, Director of Safety & Security
Jocelyn Hernandez Monsalvo, Case Manager
Lucas Gonzales, School of Nursing
Harrison Rommel, Director, Financial Aid
Enita Pendleton, School of Fitness Education
Mason Kovac, Office of Information & Technology
Emily McCarthy, Welcome & Advising