Thank you for your interest in the APRENDE Program! Please review the program requirements under APRENDE Early Childhood Apprenticeship Program before submitting your application. If you do not meet the APRENDE requirements or would like to start the program without a job, please see the APRENDE Early Childhood Pre-Apprenticeship program. The application is for the apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs.
The application for the Spring 2023 APRENDE Pre-Apprenticeship program is now open and the APRENDE Apprenticeship program opens on October 31, 2022.
Please click on the button below to complete the APRENDE application.
Steps to Apply:
- Complete the APRENDE Application
- Complete the Supplemental Information for the application
- Start working on the steps listed below
- If you are not already an enrolled student at SFCC and have not been an enrolled student at SFCC within the past two years, you will need to complete the admissions application. Go to https://www.sfcc.edu/get-started/apply-and-register/
- Complete the FAFSA form to qualify for tuition and scholarship funding. Go to https://www.sfcc.edu/offices/financial-aid/
- You will need to submit your high school transcripts or certificate of high school equivalency to SFCC to document your completion of high school/equivalency.
- If you have completed prior college coursework at an institution other than SFCC, submit your high school and college transcripts to the Education Advisor, Emily McCarthy, firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com
All APRENDE students will meet with an advisor to set up a degree plan and register for courses every term.
APRENDE students are expected to remain in communication with their advisor and meet at least twice a term.
- If you are a current employee of an APRENDE-affiliated employer, you will be asked to provide the name of your school or center in your application. They will be contacted and asked to confirm your employment and provide a recommendation for your acceptance into the apprenticeship program.
- If you are not a current employee of an APRENDE-affiliated employer, you will need to secure employment at one of these employer sites.
- After you submit your APRENDE application, the APRENDE Coordinator will help connect you to employers. It is ultimately the responsibility of the applicant to secure employment with an APRENDE-affiliated early childhood program.
Pre-Apprentices will work with APRENDE staff for a field placement
Go to https://ececdscholarship.org/ for instructions and more information about completing the NM ECECD Scholarship application.
Please work with your advisor and the APRENDE Program Manager to gather the documents that you will need for the ECECD Scholarship application.
SFCC wants to help all students succeed and supports student success through a variety of student support services. Information and links for campus services and student support services can be found at: