Welcome to the Tutoring Center
Welcome to the Tutoring Center information page. Our goal is to help you learn how to learn and enhance your academic success. In the Tutoring Center, we strive to create a friendly, safe and supportive environment to help you be successful in your SFCC classes. Our mission is to foster independent learning, develop confidence and self- reliance that carries into your professional and personal lives.
Please Visit Us In Our New Location
We're now located in Room 326 in the lower level of the West Wing.
Hours of Operation:
Fall and Spring semesters
Monday- Thursday 9am-6pm
Call for an appointment or drop by while you’re on campus
How it works:
Our services are delivered mainly in two modes, either drop-in or by appointment. Drop-in tutoring is mainly used for math. Appointment- based tutoring is for our more limited subject support such as English / writing, Office Technologies, Accounting and our science support Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Geology.
Tutoring Contributes to Student Success
What students say about tutoring
- Tutoring helps keep me positive.
- It keeps grades up!
- My tutor taught me how to break things down and keep it simple.
- She made English understandable and sometimes fun.
- He made me feel like math is easy!
- She showed me how to go through each step to solve the problem.
- My tutor helped me to help myself.
- I was getting clouded and his perspective was just what I needed to clear it up.
- My tutor helped me think out loud about what I wanted to say in my paper.
- My tutor rocks!
For more information, please contact Chris Black, 505-428-1770, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.