Building Science and Construction Technologies - School of Trades, Technology, Sustainability and Professional Studies
About the Program
Interested in joining or increasing your skills in a specific trade? Want to learn about green building or how to build an adobe home? The Building Science and Construction Technologies program provides you with the knowledge and skills you need to land a good paying job in the building industry, from building sustainable housing and communities to working as a plumber, HVAC technician or residential energy auditor/inspector.
Classes emphasize modern green practices, sustainable building materials and passive solar adobe design. This program draws students from near and far who are interested in joining or increasing their skills in a specific trade or building their own “green” home. Many graduates become adobe construction workers, project planners/developers or sustainablility coordinators.
By the end of this program, you'll be able to:
- Provide leadership in creating and maintaining a safe working environment
- Identify and explain building methods, materials and systems, including "green building" and sustainability strategies
- Interpret and analyze construction documents related to residential and commercial construction
- Apply practical skills and knowledge while working on residential and commercial construction projects
- Identify the building codes related to the various aspects of the building industry
- Investigate and resolve problems in construction planning, scheduling and management among all trades and professions in the industry
For more information, please contact the School of Trades, Technology, Sustainability and Professional Studies, 505-428-1388, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.