Paralegal Studies - School of Trades, Technology, Sustainability and Professional Studies
About the Program
A career as a paralegal might be right for you if you have an interest in research and enjoy an intellectual challenge. The associate in applied science program is a two-year program that will get you ready to work side by side with lawyers in a variety of settings, including private law firms, government agencies, corporations and other professional businesses.
The certificate program is designed to get you to work quickly - after just one year of concentrated study. With a certificate in paralegal studies, you'll be eligible to work under the direct supervision of a licensed attorney and assist in many aspects of the litigation process.
- Work in a law firm, government agency or corporation
- Work with groups that help the poor, elderly or immigrants
- Help prepare arguments or settlements for civil cases
- Help sellers, lenders, brokers or others involved in real estate
- Help families set up trusts or wills
- Help prosecutors prepare for and investigate criminal cases
For more information, please contact Patricia Finn, J.D., 505-428-1660, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.