ENLACE/AVID: A College Prep Collaborative
The ENLACE/AVID Collaborative partners with students, teachers, administrators, and parents at Santa Fe High, Capital High, the Academy at Larragoite, Ortiz Middle School, and DeVargas Junior High:
- To increase the academic achievement and college readiness for students who are first from their family to pursue college
- To increase high school graduation rates and enrollment in college
- To increase student and parent educational expectations and knowledge of post secondary education options and financial aid
- Develop students as community leaders and facilitators
The ENLACE/AVID EFFECT:
100% of ENLACE/AVID seniors graduated from high school
89% of 9th grade AVID students in 06-07 graduated from high school 4 years later in 2011
97% of 2011 AVID graduates are currently enrolled at a college or university:
- 45% at Santa Fe Community College
- 38% at the University of New Mexico
- 5% at New Mexico State University
- 9% other colleges including Smith University, St. Edwards, NM Tech, Colorado State University, and West Texas University
ENLACE/AVID seniors received over $340,000 in scholarships in 2011, including some very competitive ones. Several received full-ride scholarships, including those to Smith College, St. Edwards University, and the BA/MD program at UNM.
The ENLACE/AVID Collaborative relies on community support in order to provide services.
Donate by check: Make your check out to the GROW SFCC Foundation, 6401 Richards Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87508. Be sure to include the name ‘ENLACE’ on your check.
AVID School Site Coordinators
Santa Fe High School – CYBELE LEVERETT CLEVERETT@sfps.info
Capital High School- SCOTT HANCOCK SHANCOCK@sfps.info
Ortiz Middle School - TANYA GARCIA TANYAGARCIA@sfps.info
DeVargas Middle School - BROOKE TURNQUIST BTURNQUIST@sfps.info
The Academy at Larragoite - DAVID TRUJILLO DTRUJILLO@sfps.info