Remote Access Questions
Remote Access Answers
To access network folders when using your VPN connection, do the following:
- Use your VPN to connect with the SFCC network.
- Once connected, click on the windows icon on the taskbar (Windows 7)
- Right click on “Computer”
- Choose “Map Network Drive”
- The drive letter you choose will need to be something that is not in use on your computer, such as X:
- In the requested Folder location, you will need to put in the name of the server you need to connect to.
Tip: “\\davinci “ will work for most individuals because that is where our departmental, personal and share drives are located.
- Once you have typed in a server name, go to the browse option and all of the folders should be displayed. Navigate to the appropriate folder for your needs.
- Once you have navigated to the folder click on “OK”
- If you have “Reconnect at Logon” checked, this folder will show up each time you use your VPN connection.
You can also simply open your web browser and type file://davinci/ in the address line once you have logged on to the network using VPN.
- Verify your laptop is finding and is connected to the SFCC wireless network. The method of doing this is dependent on your laptop.
- Open up your browser (you will probably get a “page cannot be displayed” message from your set home page).
- In the URL type in https://bluesocket.sfcc.edu/
- If you are a SFCC student, faculty or staff, enter your JACK username and password in the appropriate field. If you do not have a username and password or you are a visiting guest here at SFCC, enter your email address in the “Guest” field and click on ” Log On”.
- This will authenticate you on the wireless network and your home page you set as the default should now display in your browser.