Dial 1789 from you office phone. You can follow the instructions given over the phone, or the instructions listed below:
- Enter you security code when asked.
- To make changes to your greetings, press 513.
- To change your Out of Office greeting, press 3.
- To start recording, press 2.
- To stop recording, press 2 again.
- To save the recording, press 5.
- To review your recording, press 6.
- To discard and rerecord, press 4.
To remove your Out of Office greeting upon returning to work:
- Dial 1789 from you office phone
- Enter you security code
- To turn off your out of office greeting, press 4
- If you are on campus, enter 1789
- If you are off campus, dial 428-1789
- You will be prompted to enter your Security Code. At this first prompt, press the STAR (*) and then POUND (#) buttons.
- You will then be prompted to enter your extension, and then your actual telephone security code (the same code you use when checking voicemail in your office).
To use the Call Pickup feature with our phone system you need to be part of a “Call Pickup Group.” A “Call Pickup Group” is defined as a group of extensions that are located in the same proximity. This allows you to pick up a call for a co-worker when they are unavailable or busy. In order to become part of a “Pickup Group,” you must contact the Help Desk at extension 1222.
Here is how it works:
When a call comes into an extension that you would like to pick up, simply lift your handset and dial #40. You will now be handling that incoming call.
TIP: If the caller would like to be transferred back to the voice mail of the originating extension without having to call back, press the Transfer button then dial 3333. The caller will then be provided an opportunity to dial the extension of the voicemail box of their choice.
Yes. If you are moving to a location used previously by another staff member, the network is set up and ready to go. Make yourself a drawing to help you hook up your cables (network, phone, mouse, keyboard, and speakers) the way they were before you moved. Your phone extension number will automatically go with you to your new location. You just have to plug it in.
Pick up the handset or place your handset in the speaker mode. You can then dial your first number (this can be internal or external, don’t forget the 9 if external). Once the call has been established hit the “conf” button. This should give you a dial tone again. Proceed by dialing the next number. When that call has been connected hit the “Join” button and you now have a conference. You can do this for up to six callers.