There are numerous ways to check whether or not our campus is closed or on a delay. Go to our weather conditions page...
- Go to the Canvas login page at http://sfcc.instructure.com
- Enter your SFCC username and password. This is the same username and password that you use to log in to JACK and for logging on to the SFCC network.
Yes, there is a printing software (GoPrint) in use in many of our computer labs.
All SFCC students begin each semester with a $20 print fund. Using that fund, students can print documents in black & white for $0.04 a copy and in color for $0.25 a copy. If both sides of the paper are used (duplex), the price will be reduced to $0.03 per side (b&w). Any money left in individual funds at the end of the semester reverts back to the college. If you have used more than 90% of your free $20 of printing, you can request to start charging additional prints to your student account.
You can use the new Word 2010 to create a PDF. Learn how...
- Verify your laptop is finding and is connected to the SFCC wireless network. The method of doing this is dependent on your laptop.
- Open up your browser (you will probably get a “page cannot be displayed” message from your set home page).
- In the URL type in https://bluesocket.sfcc.edu/
- If you are a SFCC student, faculty or staff, enter your JACK username and password in the appropriate field. If you do not have a username and password or you are a visiting guest here at SFCC, enter your email address in the “Guest” field and click on ” Log On”.
- This will authenticate you on the wireless network and your home page you set as the default should now display in your browser.
The college offers computer storage space for all enrolled students. To access this storage on a Mac, do the following:
- Open a finder window
- In the left pane under Shared, click “ALL.”
- Scroll down the list of servers and select “Darwin.”
- Click “Connect As.”
- Type in your User Name and Password.
- Once connection is made, scroll through the list to find your username, this is where to save all of your documents.
- The Open Lab is located in the 500 Wing, in Room 583. It is located in the far east side of the building near the entrance that is across the street from the Fitness Center. The Open Lab holds both PC’s and Mac computers for student use, including two PC’s with scanners connected. The Lab is for student use only and an SFCC login ID is required to use the computers.
The Snipping Tool is a great way to capture just a selection of the screen in Windows 7.
The Snipping Tool is located under the Start menu:
- Click on the "Start Menu."
- Click on "All Programs."
- Click on "Accessories" at the top of the list of programs.
- Select the Snipping Tool from the list of Accessories.
- The screen will become opaque and the mouse will change to cross hairs.
- Draw a rectangular selection over the part of the screen you want to capture.
- This opens a window that contains an image of the part of the screen you captured.
- In this window you can make minor modifications to the image (see the tool bar at the top of the window.
- When you are finished, you can save the image as an HTML, JPEG, GIF or PNG file (image files).
- Go to Start Menu
- Click on "All Programs"
- Find the application you want to put on the task bar
- Right click on the application name to bring up a menu
- Choose “Pin to Taskbar”