Please click on this important message from the Federal Trade Commission...
External scholarship information is provided to SFCC from external sources. These scholarships may be available to SFCC students who apply and meet all the criteria requirements. Please note that SFCC and Financial Aid do not participate in the awarding of these scholarships and any scholarships received from external sources may be included in the recipients aid awarded for the year received.
Scholarships Open Regardless of Immigration Status (Adobe PDF file)
SFCC Announces the AARP Back To Work 50+ Scholarship for those over 50
2015-2016 mylife.com scholarship is offering a $1,000.00 scholarship for the 2015-2016 academic year. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a 750-1500 word essay
- 3.0 GPA
- Proof of enrollment
- US Citizen or permanent resident
Deadline to apply is December 8, 2014. Click the following link for more details and to apply: http://www.mylife.com/blog/mylife-safety-essay-scholarship/
Best Price Nutrition (BPN) Scholarship
Best Price Nutrition (BPN) Scholarship for the 2015-2016 Academic year:
BPN is offering a $1,000.00 scholarship to students for the 2015-2016 Academic year.
Instructions for application can be found at the following link: http://www.bestpricenutrition.com/scholarship.html
Deadline to apply is December 31, 2014
SeniorAdvisor.com In-Home Care Innovation Scholarship: “Home Health Care for Seniors” Three $1,500 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university. Each eligible student will submit a 500-750 word essay on one of three essay topics. Deadline is December 31, 2014. Scholarship award recipients will be announced January 31, 2015.
Essay topics and scholarship details can be found on the SeniorAdvisor.com In-Home Care Innovation Scholarship page: https://www.senioradvisor.com/ind/in-home-care#scholarship
CARiD Scholarship Opportunity
CARiD is offering a $1,000.00 scholarship for the Fall and Spring semesters. Students must submit a photo inspired by any aspect of the automotive industry. Students must be enrolled in a post-secondary school, be between the ages of 16-20 and not a CARiD employee or related to a CARiD employee or its partners.
The deadline to apply for the Fall semester is October 31, 2014
The deadline to apply for the Spring semester is April 30, 2015.
Submission details can be found at the following link: http://www.carid.com/scholarships.html
Softwareproviders.com is offering a $1,000.00 scholarship to students for the 2014-2015 academic year. Students may submit a 600-800 word essay on one of two software topics described in the following link: http://softwareproviders.com/scholarship
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2014. Winners will be announced on or about October 31, 2014.
Paymaster.co 2015-2016 Scholarships
Paymaster.co (http://paymaster.co) is funding scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year. Please click on the links below for more details.
1. College Networking Scholarship
Eligibility: enrolled in at least 6 units at a two year college or trade school; maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA; at least 18 years of age.
Application deadline: April 25, 2015
Amount: $500 scholarship for the 2015-2016 school year
2. Structured Settlement Career Planning Scholarship
Eligibility: enrolled in at least 6 units at a two year college, trade school, or four year college; a minimum 3.3 GPA; at least 18 years of age.
Application deadline: March 1, 2015
Amount: $1,000 scholarship for the 2015-2016 school year
3. Roosevelt Lovett Memorial Scholarship
Eligibility: student of African-American descent enrolled in at least 6 units at a two year college, trade school, four year college, or graduate school; a minimum 2.3 college G.P.A; at least 18 years of age.
Application deadline: July 7, 2015
Amount: $750 scholarship for fall session of the 2015-2016 school year
4. Financial Success For Single Mothers Scholarship
Eligibility: a single mother enrolled in at least 6 units at a two year college, trade school, four year college, or graduate school; a minimum 2.3 college G.P.A; at least 18 years of age.
Application deadline: October 1, 2015
Amount: $750 scholarship for spring winter/spring session of the 2015-2016 school year
5. Financial Growth for LGBTQ Scholarship
Eligibility: a student who identifies as LGBTQ and is enrolled in at least 6 units at a two year college, trade school, four year college, or graduate school; a minimum 2.3 college G.P.A; at least 18 years of age.
Application deadline: October 15, 2015
Amount: $750 scholarship for spring winter/spring session of the 2015-2016 school year.
Havahart wireless spring scholarships
Havahart wireless is funding two $500.00 scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year.
The scholarship for the Spring 2015 semester opens August 26, 2014 and the deadline to apply is November 7, 2014.
Click on the following link for more details:
Cleanitsupply.com $1,000.00 Scholarship
Submit a 500-1000 word essay on one of four topics by November 21, 2014. To be eligible you must:
- Be a freshmen or sophomore in college.
- You may not be related to any of Clean It Supply’s staff or extended family.
- You must be between the ages of 16 and 21.
- Provide verification of your date of high school graduation and/or college enrollment. http://www.cleanitsupply.com/t/scholarship_program.aspx
A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation
A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Five $1000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology, physical or occupational therapy, speech pathology or long-term care administration.
Deadline April 15, 2015. Essay topic and details found at www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers’ Single Mother Scholarship
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers want to expand opportunities for single mothers who are going back to school by offering a $1,000 scholarship awarded to a single mother in an undergraduate program or community college. http://www.rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com/articles/single-mother-scholarship/
To apply, write a 500+ word essay on the advantages of going back to school while caring for your children as a mother. How do you believe motherhood has helped prepare you for the challenges that you will face as a student? Examples may include the ability to succeed in time management skills, ability to listen carefully to others and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. Craft your essay and explain your answer.
Scholarship applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Enrollment in an accredited high school, college or university in the U.S.
- Must be a mother who is attending school
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of a minimum of 3.0
- Applications must be received by December 5, 2014
- Submissions are accepted via email by Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers (they are not accepting print applications) email: Jonathan@rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com. You must include: ‘Scholarship’ in the subject line.
- You accept that your essay will be published on the RIL website and social media if chosen as a finalist.
- You must submit a copy of your transcript indicating your Grade Point Average (GPA) – we accept unofficial transcripts.
- Applicants should make a digital copy of their scholarship application for their own records.
- By submitting your essay, you authorize Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers to post the material on its website and social media channels.
2015 BrokerFish Scholarship
2015 BrokerFish Scholarship for University Students - $1,000
- The BrokerFish $1,000 University Scholarship is available in spring 2015 to students who are currently pursuing any university course. Applicants must be full-time students of any nationality who are pursuing an undergraduate "degree", "diploma" or equivalent program by an accredited institution of higher education.
The deadline for Brokerfish is December 21, 2014
Los Alamos National Lab (LANL) Foundation Regional College/Returning Student Scholarship
For information and Application:
Contact Tony Fox at 505-753-8890, ext. 116, or email@example.com
by December 1, 2014 for January 2015 awards.
The Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program
The Novus Biologicals Scholarship Programis awarded to students pursuing a degree in a science related field twice a year. A $1500 (or international currency equivalent) scholarship will be awarded to one student for the fall and spring semesters.
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2015 scholarship!
Interested students will need to:
- Apply online at http://www.novusbio.com/scholarship-program.html
- Submit a transcript of all college/post-secondary coursework (if high school student, submit high school transcript).
- Submit a written statement addressing the following topics:
- Make a top ten list of your favorite inventions in science.
- Write a personal statement of 500 words or less on how you plan to use your degree to further advance science in your field of interest.
- Applicants must have a major declared in a science related field.
- Open worldwide.
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment (baccalaureate, graduate, associate degree, or diploma) with a declared major in a science related field.
Spring 2015 selection and notification process:
- Deadline for this application is December 5, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. MST.
- Finalist will be notified by December 19, 2014.
Please submit your application and written statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2014 to be considered for the Spring 2015 Novus Biologicals Scholarship.
HELP New Mexico, Inc.
HELP New Mexico, Inc. is offering one-time assistance of $1,250 for a low income student under 21 years of age who are currently in a certificate program. For information and application contact Glenda Anaya, 505-986-9003.
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.