Contract for a Better Tomorrow Scholarship Program
Dr. Carmen Gonzales, left, and Cheryl Fields, far right, with CBT recipients and husband and wife team Gabriel and Angela Udemezue at the 2014 luncheon.
Coordinated by the Office of Student Success, Contract For a Better Tomorrow is a performance-based scholarship that helps students complete and graduate from one of SFCC's certificate or associate degree programs. Each year student success is celebrated at an awards luncheon at SFCC.
View Image Gallery of the Contract for a Better Tomorrow Awards Luncheon, April 2014.
CBT Scholarship Criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by SFCC Financial Aid Office
- First in family to attend college (first generation college attendee);
- Working at least part-time;
- New Mexico high school graduate or New Mexico GED graduate;
- Must already be attending SFCC;
- 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or higher;
- Enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours at SFCC in a degree/certificate program and have attended SFCC at least one semester before applying;
- Can be from an undocumented immigrant background
For more information, please contact Valerie Grimley, Student Employment Program Manager, 505-428-1285, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.