Local Career Events and Resources
SFCC CAREER SERVICES FREE CAREER WALK-IN CLINIC
- 45-minute individual appointments
- Must register in person on day of clinic in room 131 any time after 8 a.m
- Open to students and community members
- Resume review or creation
- Decide on a career, new career, college major
- Career Interest Assessments
- Interview preparation
- Job search strategies and resources
- Brainstorming abour career options
NEXT WALK-IN CLINICS:
WEEK OF May 19-25, 2013:
Thursday, May 23 1-5 pm
Friday, May 24 9:30 - 12:30 pm
WEEK OF May 26-June 1, 2013:
Thursday, May 30 1-5 pm
Friday, May 31 9:30 - 12:30 pm
Patty Armstrong will be out the month of June 2013 and return to her office July 1, 2013. During that time, limited assistance for career interest assessments, resume creation, and interview preparation will be available in the Center for Academic Transition. From June 3 to June 28, call 505-428-1303 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out availability and schedule.
WEEK OF June 30-July 5, 2013:
Tuesday, July 2 9:30 - 12:30 pm
Wednesday, July 3 1-5 pm
CAREER AND JOB FAIRS:
New Mexico Workforce Solutions Job Fair Calendar
READ "Where's My Great Career?", the career blog at Santafe.com, written by SFCC Career Services Coordinator, Patty Armstrong.
- 4/22/13: Is Fear Inhibiting Your Career Development?
- 2/15/13: Higher Education Shifts Focus from Participation to Graduation
- 1/24/13: Your English Teacher Does NOT Know How to Make Job Search Resumes!
- 12/14/12: Returning to School as an Adult
- 11/19/12: Where Are All the Job Postings?
- 9/17/12: Re-careering; Finding and Selling Yourself in a New Field
- 8/2/12: Bogus Job Postings and Exploiting Employers
- 7/18/12: The Power of Keywords
- 5/11/12: I Just Graduated And Now I Need A Job
- 4/17/12: How Do I Tell People I Was Fired?
- 3/27/12: Are There Really Jobs at a Career Fair?
- 2/14/12: Can You Love Your Job?
- 1/12/12: Networking? I Don't Even Know Where to Start!
- 12/9/11: The Best Resumes Show Employers You Have What They Want
- 11/30/11: Volunteering Your Way Into A Job
- 11/16/11: Appreciating Your Assets
- 10/27/11: BOOK REVIEW: Know What Human Resource Offices Are Looking For
- 10/17/11: They Didn't Pick Me for the Job. I Must Be...
- 10/10/11: BOOK REVIEW: Great Tips for A Job Search in Tough Times
- 09/27/11: Job Application: Obscuring Your Age or Obliterating Your Chances?
- 09/27/11: Finding Your Career Direction
CAREER SERVICES OFFERS AN ONLINE CLASS!
HUDV 125 D1, Job Search Skills; a personalized online class: This is a self-directed, online, pass/no pass course in the regular curriculum You must be computer proficient and have Internet access. Spring 2013 course registration has closed. Next session Fall 2013. This self-paced, seven unit course covers 1) What Kind of Work/Job Do I Want to Do? 2) Job Search Strategies 3) What Makes A Great Resume? 4) Navigating the Online Application 5) Creating A Professional Portfolio 6) Successful Interviewing 7) LinkedIn, Facebook and other online profile sites. Click here for a flyer with Fall 2013 class details.
CAREER EXPLORATION AND DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT RESOURCES:
- Accelerate New Mexico
Department of Workforce Solutions (New Mexico Dept. of Labor)
Santa Fe Workforce Connection Office: 301 West DeVargas, Santa Fe, NM 505-827-7434
WESST (Has self-employment groups/workshops/advising geared to Artists)
Focused on Women
Focused on 50 Plus Age Group
50+ Employment Connection: 2550 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 505-476-4623 (Has Job Club)
Advocacy for immigrants, undocumented and exploited workers
For more information, please contact Patty Armstrong, GCDF, Career Services Coordinator, 505-428-1406, FAX 505-428-1846, email@example.com.