SFCC Career Services Programs & Calendar
Th, July 28 Job Club, 2 - 3 pm
Th, July 28 Employer Recruiter: 3pm TBA
M, August 1 Walk In Clinic, 1-5 pm
Th, August 4 Walk In Clinic, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Th, August 4 Job Club, 2 - 3 pm
Th, August 4 Employer Recruiter 3pm: TBA
F, August 5 Back to Work 50+ Info Session, 10am-1pm room 223
M, August 8 Pre-registration opens for Resume Review Day 8am
M, August 8 Walk In Clinic, 1-5 pm
T, August 9 Walk In Clinic, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
W, August 10 Resume Review Day, 9:30 am - 5 pm
Th, August 11 Job Club, 2 - 3 pm
Th, August 11 Employer Recruiter 3pm: TBA
T, August 16 Walk In Clinic, 1-5 pm
W, August 17 Walk In Clinic, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Th, August 18 Job Club, 2 - 3 pm
Th, August 18 Employer Recruiter 3pm: TBA
W, August 24 Walk In Clinic, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Th, August 25 Walk In Clinic, 1-5 pm
Friday, Aug 26 Job Club, 2 - 3 pm
Friday, Aug 26 Employer Recruiter 3pm: TBA
T, August 30 Walk In Clinic, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
OUR COMPUTER LAB IS OPEN FOR DROP IN USE M-F 9-5 in room 204-E, except during Job Club
OUR FREE SERVICES FOR STUDENTS, ALUMNI, COMMUNITY MEMBERS:
CAREER WALK-IN CLINIC: Individual, 45 minute appointments with a certified career developement counselor. All career issues and questions addressed. These include
- Career Exploration, deciding on a major, re-careering
- Job Search assistance and skill development
- Competitive resume and cover letter creation, re-working
- Education and Training options
- Must register in person at First Year Experience Desk room 204 on day of clinic any time after 8am
RESUME REVIEW* DAY
FREE, 45-minute individual consult appointments
- Register in person on Resume Day in room 204 any time after 8 am or call 428-1303 to schedule in advance up to two days before the clinic
- Open to students and community members
- BRING YOUR MOST RECENT RESUME, preferably on a flash drive
*Resumes are created and also reviewed at Walk-In Clinics. See above.
JOB CLUB is a free support group for adult job seekers, both students and community members. Facilitated by a professional career counselor, Job Club offers new ideas and resources for your job search and personal presentation, along with encouragement and the feeling that you're not alone in this challenging process. Frequently includes POST JOB CLUB EMPLOYER RECRUITER VISITS
BACK TO WORK 50+ WOMEN'S ECONOMIC STABILITY INITATIVE
OUR NEXT INFORMATION SESSION IS Friday August 5, 10AM-12PM in 223, the Board Room. Preregister by calling, toll-free, 855-850-2525. Registration can also happen at the door, the day of the event. See BACK TO WORK 50PLUS in the left column for more information.
READ "Where's My Great Career?", blog essays written by SFCC Career Services Coordinator, Patty Armstrong.
GET THAT JOB MODULES are self-study learning modules available in our computer lab These learning modules are designed to supplement individual work with a Career Services Coordinator. Modules include
- What Kind of Job/Work Do I Want to Do?
- Job Search Strategies
- What Makes a Great Resume?
- Navigating the Online Application
- Creating A Professional Portfolio
- Successful Interviewing
- Facebook, LinkedIn and other Online Profile sites
For more information, please contact Patty Armstrong, GCDF, Senior Career Services Coordinator, 505-428-1406, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.