SFCC CAREEER SERVICES WILL HAVE NEW WEB PAGES STARTING AUGUST 30, 2016 (same URL)
WE ARE NOW LOCATED IN SUITE 204-E AT THE BACK OF WELCOME AND ADVISING
FREE SERVICES to students, faculty, staff, community members:
- Individual assistance: Drop in, come to a Walk in Clinic or Resume Review Day
- Walk In Clinic Register in person for a same day appointment for any career/job questions or need
- Resume Review Day Review and feedback on current resumes
- Job Club Support Group: Fridays 2-3pm (Thursdays in the summer)
- Get That Job! learning modules available in the computer lab M-F, 9-5. No preregistraion required.
- Where's My Great Career? Blog: Helpful essays on modern career development to help you improve your career exploration and job search process
- Back to Work 50+ AARP Foundation/Social Innovation Fund Project for 50+ job seekers
- Your New Job, Simplicty CSM new job search database
FREE SERVICES TO EMPLOYERS*
- Online Job Postings
- Promote career fairs/hiring events
- Targeted e-mails to faculty and students in specific major and certificate programs
- Annual Career Fair in April*
- Meet the employer opportunities after our weekly job club meetings
- Recruitment table for multiple openings in our Campus Center
- Special hiring events arranged for new businesses
*There is a small fee to book a table at our annual Fantastic Futures Career Fair in April. Space is limited.
CERTIFIED CAREER COUNSELORS ARE A SPARK TO YOUR FLAME
Global Career Development Facilitators (GCDF's) are trained to help individuals examine their personal, family and economic needs, their experiences and dreams, and help them find a career path that fits their quinque situation.
A Career Development Facilitator can help you discover your passions and how they might manifest into an exciting plan for a future full of opportunity where your goal is to enjoy your life now, instead of waiting until graduation, you find the perfect job, your children are grown, retirement or some other future event. SFCC Career services currently has two credentialed GCDF's on staff and another in training.
SFCC CAREER SERVICES IS HERE TO HELP YOU
- explore career options
- decide what education or training you might need
- learn how to create a dynamic resume
- learn other self-marketing skills for an effective job search
- and become excited or re-energized about your career
For more information, please contact Patty Armstrong, GCDF, Senior Career Services Coordinator, 505-428-1406, email@example.com.
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.