Adult Education - English as a Second Language (ESL)
Hablamos espanol. Llame al 428-1356.
ESL Class Schedule with Orientation Dates - Fall 2014
Learning a new language is a wonderful and rewarding experience that takes practice and patience. Remember, adults need several years to learn a new language. Have patience and you can succeed!
Citizenship classes are offered occasionally. Please call 505-428-1356 for more information.
Why learn English?
- Earn more money
- Get a better job
- Go to college
- Help your children with their school work
- Participate more fully in your community
What will help me succeed?
- Dedicate time and commit to your goal
- Attend class regularly
- Practice, practice, practice by doing homework, listening, speaking, writing and reading English
How do I get started?
- Now through January 10: ESL Orientation and Placement sessions. All new students and students who have been away from the ESL program for more than two semesters must attend a 3-hour orientation/placement session before they can register. You will receive a Proof or Orientation that you can then present at Registration. Attend any one of the ESL orientation dates shown on the Fall 2014 flyer.
- January 13-16: Registration. Register for classes (see flyer for locations and dates) – you must present Proof of Orientation or a Recommendation Card.
- January 21, 2013: Classes begin. ESL classes begin at SFCC, Salazar Elementary School, and Ortiz Middle School – you must present Proof of Registration to enter the class.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Classes and Policies
You will need to take tests at the beginning and end of the class. The tests evaluate reading and listening in English and help us to know what level class will be best for you.
Students must follow all policies and rules at Santa Fe Community College and off-campus locations where classes meet.
You are expected to attend regularly. If your personal schedule changes, you must inform your teacher or the site coordinator so other arrangements can be made for you. You will be disenrolled after three unexcused absences. If you wish to return, you will be eligible to enroll during the next registration period.
Our mission: SFCC Adult Education develops community by providing free instruction and support to adults and their families in obtaining the knowledge and skills necessary for success in college, at work, and at home.
For information about ESL classes, and to schedule your required information session please contact Adult Education at 505-428-1356.
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.